Easy Cut II
Despite all technological advances around the combine and platform, the cutting system is still the first part to touch your crop and determines your harvest success. Based on this fact, we developed a superior cutting system with state of the art technology and quality.
SCH roller guides: reduce friction, wear, and cost.
The width of combine platforms has increased substantially in the past years. Therefore, the total of the frictional forces has increased dramatically.
With the use of roller guides, we greatly improved the cutting system.
Change your cutting system to a Schumacher Cutterbar! …it’s just that easy to fill your grain tank.
Easy Cut II Guard
In the last decades, two types of double guards became dominate in the market: the forged guards and the Schumacher steel guard.
What makes the SCH Easy Cut steel guard so special? The SCH Easy Cut guard is manufactured using a special alloy steel. A subsequent special hardening process gives the guard extremely high hardness, durability, and wear life.
Another advantage is the much higher vertical and lateral strength of the guard. No guard lips break off; guards don’t bend.
The angled cutting edges of the guard hold the crop material better, resulting in a cleaner cut and a better flow of the material. This also results in less power needed to cut the material.
- Quality spring steel material
- Special hardening for extremely hard & wear resistant surface, resulting in long wear life
- Features two cutting edges
- Bolted top & bottom gives protection from impact from all sides
Easy Cut II Pro Cut Section
Pro Cut Section
Stones and dirt are tough on knife sections. They not only increase section wear but can also damage other parts of the platform. Knife section quality is therefore of extreme importance.
Schumacher Pro Cut knife sections are completely thru-hardened, therefore extremely tough.
They don´t bend; they break. Therefore, when hitting large stones or other objects, damage to guards is eliminated which is not the case with regular sections.
The sections are fastened to the knifeback with a special serrated bolt and a flange nut. The conically shaped and serrated body of the bolt locks tightly in the section and knifeback hole. A tight and secure connection is the result. At the same time sections can be quickly changed.
The advantages of the SCH Pro Cut knife section:
- Completely thru-hardened
- Does not bend; it breaks, therefore no guard damage
- Mounted one up/one down, creating a balanced cutting force
- Easy to replace secure bolt and nut connection
- Various serrations available
Easy Cut II Sectionalized Knife
Today platforms are 30 feet or wider. Knife assemblies in one piece are very difficult to handle and transport. The SCH sectionalized knife assembly eliminates this problem.
Our sectionalized knife assemblies are made up of individual sections. The longest single section is a little less than 9 feet long and can be transported in a car or shipped by courier.
A special connector bar joins the pieces fast and securely.
SCH Easy Cut sectional knife assemblies have only bolted sections. This also makes for a quick and easy replacement of individual knife sections or whole knife assembly segments. This is cost effective, and the individual parts are easy to replace.
The advantages of the sectionalized knife assembly:
- Fast and secure connections
- Quick and easy replacement
- High strength connector
- Economical and fast shipping
Easy Cut II Roller Guide
The width of combine platforms has increased substantially in the past years. Therefore, the total of the frictional forces has increased dramatically. With our roller guide system, we greatly improved the cutting system. Almost all SCH Easy Cut systems can be updated with roller guides.
Top Roller Guide
- Holds knife straight to prevent section from tipping downwards
- Protects sections and guards against wear
Bottom Roller Guide
- Replaces the need for wear plates
- Less friction, less vibration, less wear, and reduces power requirements
Easy Cut II Easy Cut Kits
Easy Cut II Kit
Easy Cut II kits are available for almost all types of combines and headers.
- One sectionalized knife assembly
- All the guards plus two spare
- Roller guides (where possible, otherwise wear plates)
- All hardware
- One repair kit containing ten sections with bolts and nuts
The one up, one down section mounting on the knife and various options of section serrations provides for optimal cutting performance in a variety of crops.
Because the knife is trapped in the Easy Cut guard, no hold downs or wear plates are required, eliminating time consuming adjustments: a source of trouble and costly replacements. Also the knife can’t “buckle” and break between hold downs.
Maintenance of the Easy Cut II system:
Because only a few different parts are used, most parts are common for many platforms; worn parts are easy to exchange. It takes very little time to check the cutting system periodically for wear. All parts are available through a wide network of dealers especially during harvest. Parts are readily available year round.
The advantages of the SCH Easy Cut II system:
- Extremely low maintenance, because no hold downs or wear plates are used, no adjustments necessary
- Very robust system, especially when used in wide platforms
- Superior cutting, even in the most difficult conditions
- Modular design